Sunday, August 17, 2014

Life Lately

So I realize I've become the world's worst and most inconsistent blogger, but it's been so crazy around here chasing after this little monster ;)

Here is a peek into what we've been up to lately through pictures. If you follow me on Instagram (@emilierivera), you have probably seen most of them, so I tried to add in a few new ones!

Every day we take Sophia to a cul-de-sac in our neighborhood to run, play, collect flowers and twigs, and look for the neighborhood bunny. Sometimes she even brings a carrot to leave for the bunny. It would be absolutely perfect if it weren't for the heat, Houston humidity, and palm-sized mosquitoes!
Minnie Mouse Tee: Peek (sold out) | Liberty Print Skirt: Peek | Bow: Peek (in store only) |

Sophia got a visit from her cousin. Quinn and Sophia (or Qin and Pia as they like to call each other) are four months apart and sweet as can be.

While I'm at work, my family likes to take So on little adventures. She is currently obsessed with the carousel and cried when it was time to get off. Every now and then I'll show this picture to Sophia, and she will press the screen over and over again in hopes that it is a video of her riding the horsie. Sorry, baby, we'll get one next time!
Top: Peek (sold out, similar here)

Thursday is our favorite day of the week. It is gymnastic day and typically my day off as well. We try to cram in as much fun on Thursdays as possible. She is having such a great time at gymnastics and getting better every week.

Sometimes we even manage to fit in a play date on Thursday! It's so difficult to coordinate schedules with busy moms and babes, but I'm so glad we manage to find time for each other. Karina and Marissa are seriously the sweetest girls you'll ever meet, and their little ones are so much fun! We met up at the splash pad, but the intense heat was a little too much for the babies to handle. We decided to find some air conditioning at the local pizza place instead :)


And of course, we are taking advantage of the pool before they close for the year. Sophia absolutely loves splashing around and kicking her feet in the water. 

My husband is still recovering from his shoulder surgery at the beginning of the summer. Now that he is in physical therapy, we are able to hit the gym more. Plus, new shoes are always extra motivation to work out!

And last, but not least, is Sophia's obsession with hiding things. I was digging through my purse on the way to work this morning and found four tiny toy envelopes from So's toy post office. The hat that she's wearing in the picture? It was in the ice chest. We're still searching for a couple different things. I wonder where they could be.

I hope everyone has a great week. I promise to blog again soon! X0.



No comments:

Post a Comment